Vohkus can dispose of, or in many cases recycle, your older IT equipment via environmentally friendly methods that ensure strict compliance with the all-encompassing Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive.
With wider environmental legislation being applied, that is fully recognised across Europe and beyond, we can help you deal with the issue of equipment disposal in the appropriate way.
We offer a disposal and recycling service that will remove all of your redundant, retired and non-functional laptops, desktops, servers and screens. This service extends across a broad range of IT assets, up to and including networking and storage hardware.
The disposal landscape changed dramatically when the WEEE directive came into full force, via UK legislation in 2006. Along with the data protection act of 2000, there are a number of compliance measures that must to be adhered to.
Failure to comply with these regulations could result in very severe consequences for you and/or your company.
Risks of non-compliance:
- civil actions and costs can be incurred from a data subject if affected
- unlimited fines for each claim made -minimum is £5000
- possible closure of your business
Recycling – the future:
Along with the strict disposal laws, future levels of recycling quotas are also increasing; the overall aim is for the EU to recycle at least 85% of electrical and electronics waste equipment by 2016.
Sensitive data? – We can help:
If you have data or security concerns we can help. Our disposal services ensure all of your sensitive and secure items, such as hard drives, are disposed of onsite (literally in front of you) or through a removal program to offsite facilities. We also provide you with proof of destruction certificates, so you can be confident that you are fully compliant with all legislation.
- reduce the strain on your limited IT/facilities resource
- certificate of destruction issued – ensure compliance
- complete peace of mind for sensitive data areas – shred on-site service if required
- quick and efficient service – can be programed into your projects and time lined
- appropriate disposal and recycling practices ensure demonstrable and good CSR compliance